Richard Moore is an experienced psychologist and ICF accredited life-coach, with years of experience in counselling. Richard is particularly experienced in the areas of anxiety, depression, occupational rehabilitation, life coaching, and positive psychology. Richard practices full time, alternating between adolescent and adult clients.
In the late 1990’s Richard formally commenced a career in psychology and has learned to understand, practice and critique various forms of psychological therapy. Richard believes in the importance of being an eclectic and adaptable therapist in order to understand treat a variety of problems. Richard has spent many years coming to understand how one’s life is shaped by their past, but not limited by it. From his own experience and through extensive training, Richard learned how to recognise and build on one’s own unique strengths, how to forgive and move on, and how to foster positive unconditional self-regard for oneself and others. This is an ongoing learning journey.
Why Life Coaching?
A recurring concern with that Richard had with some therapies was a lack of vision, direction, and structure. After completing his undergraduate degree in psychology, Richard remained interested in providing a more fulfilling, helpful and solution-focused practice to the general public. Richard has always aimed to combine the best of evidence-based psychology study with evidence-based positive psychology and life coaching approaches. As part of this journey, Richard has also spent many years overseas gaining a fuller understanding of how different people understand and find happiness and fulfillment across cultures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Registered Psychologist
- Associate Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- ICF Qualified Life Coach (Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors)
- Comcare Approved Occupational Rehabiliation Provider
- Approved Medicare Provider
ADDITIONAL TRAINING UNDERTAKEN
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Vocational Assessment
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training
- Relationship Counselling
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- ADHD Coaching
- Pain Management
- Anxiety management group program for children (with experience in program delivery).
- Suicide Prevention
- Cultural Awareness / Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Populations
- Coherence Therapy
- Group Treatment for Hoarding Disorder.