How to Refer
The most common form of referral to my practice is the Mental Health Care Plan. Medicare Better Access allows for an initial 6 individual sessions (and 10 group sessions for eligible clients) of Psychological treatment with Medicare rebates of $84.80 per session. Following a Mental Health Care Plan Review, clients can receive an additional 4 sessions of individual psychological treatment in one calendar year.
There is no standard form for referrals. It can be a letter or note that the referring medical practitioner has signed and dated.
The referring practitioner can refer for up to six services on one referral (course of treatment). There may be two or more courses of treatment in a patient’s calendar year, as long as 10 sessions per calendar year are not exceeded.
Patients need a new referral for each subsequent course of treatment.
Medical practitioners should include in their referral:
• the patient’s diagnosis
• the number of treatment services the patient needs
to receive, and
• a statement that a Mental Health Treatment Plan or
a psychiatrist assessment and management plan is in
place (if the referral is from a GP). GPs can also include a
copy of the plan if it’s appropriate and the patient agrees.
Referrals are valid for the stated number of services,
not for a calendar year. Unused services don’t expire and
can be used in following years.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance to you or your clients.
I am willing to offer reduced rates to clients referred by select GPs and NPOs. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
As a free community service and to celebrate the opening of my new psychology practice PSYCoaching, I am offering GP clinics and community organisations a free 10-15 minute training seminar, at your premises, on Mental Health First Aid and Working with clients who are reluctant to seek treatment. Feel free to have your practice manager contact me on the 0474-659-432 to arrange a suitable time and to tailor a presentation to one that suit your needs.
I offer treatment to eligible clients at reduced rates through the combination of individual counselling sessions and GROUP sessions.
- Assistance with Anxiety – Depression – Stress – Obesity – Dating and Relationships– Self Esteem – Bereavement – Anger – Substance Abuse – ADD – Work Related Stress – School avoidance – Social difficulties.
- Extensive experience with occupational rehabilitation and Workcover claims.
- Medicare Mental Health Treatment Services available with at reduced rates for certain client groups
- Group programs on Anger Management for Young People, Anxiety, Depression and Life Strategies.
- Brief and solution focused counselling services based on client-centered,strengths-focused, up-to-date evidence-based approaches (including CBT and ACT).
- Medicare Bulk-Billing is available to selected GPs and NGOs. Please Contact Us to discuss.
I obtained my first psychology degree in 2001. I have 6 years experience working with children and adolescents. I have held senior and managing roles in occupational psychology, assisting GPs on a daily basis to manage Workcover claims to rehabilitate injured workers. Please see the “about” section for a list of competencies.